Pages

January 14, 2009

Today

Coming of Age is a very strange process. I can tell that I'm growing up, thinking more like an adult, feeling more polite, detached from some of the rudeness of my peers, and just kind of beyond it all, and I've noticed that inner war between holding on to my youth and trying to be an adult. It's a bit like reading an extremely detailed young adult novel, only more confusing, and without the simple story arc.
I think I'm glad that I only have to grow up once.

In other news, this clip is hilarious. It's a couple of high school aged guys attempting to demonstrate to their principal what, exactly, qualifies as dirty dancing. Notable lines include such noteworthy phrases as "I'm touching his butt," and when the pair are slow dancing around in a circle I was pretty much cracking up.

Most of the postings about it have noted pedophilish urges towards the boys. Well, I'm about their age, so it wouldn't be pedophilia for me, but I didn't find them sexy at all. I thought they were funny, but I didn't particularly want to see them get into each other's pants. It could be all the washed out blondness that isn't generally my thing, or it could be that if they actually went to my school I'd think they were douchebags, but considering how generally keyed up I've been for the past few days, it was kind of surprising.

Regardless, it's a hilarious video. Watch it.

0 comments: