Pages

May 21, 2010

Much Delayed

Unlike Gretchie, it's only been five days since I posted (way better than seven), so it's not that bad. What has changed, let me think...

Eh, I'm a wee bit too sleepy to think. Silly movie nights, wearing me out.

I suppose I'll just give an overview of my afternoon.

Kathrya and I spent half an hour in the courtyard waiting for Cormac to show (he didn't), with Cammie keeping us company for a portion of that time. I texted Genie twice, telling her to meet me there.

She did not.

When Kathrya and I left, Genie's bag was in the bed of the truck, but I assumed that she'd put it there before catching the bus, so as to not have to carry the damned thing up the hill. We laughed at the bag and left. Unfortunately, the drive took at least twenty minutes. There was a huge traffic jam on a rather huge road- for some reason, some idiot had required a fire truck.

As I was rounding the corner to the hill, I switched radio stations and discovered that Mr. Brightside was playing on the radio, which made my day about a bazillion times better. Then I got home, found out Genie was waiting for me to drive her home, turned around (with Kathrya right in front of me) and left for school, but my mother dearest had forgotten to close the trunk of the car, so she got ahead of me, and then this blasted schoolbus pulled in front of me...

Moral of the story: if you don't check in with your sister, you will spend an hour in the car.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for that lifelong lesson.

3 comments:

ec said...

I was outside the library talking with Tybalt, Ali and Livny (I could see the courtyard but not you guys) when Genie came up to me and said, "Bruney, do you know where Tea is??" and I was like "uhhh, math team or challenge maybe?? and then she went to check those places I guess...I offered to call you but she said your phone wasn't working or something...Like 10 minutes later she came back and wandered into the library and said she couldn't find you...

Ginny said...

Sorry about the movie thing, I didn't see it until this morning. I hope all of you had lots of fun (and no more confusion).

Nyx said...

cormac was at ultimate frisbee, bien sur.