Pages

September 7, 2008

Day 1


Well, I guess I have myself a blog. I suppose I should write something...
Book-wise, I read A Company of Swans, by Eva Ibbotson
and hey- does this do pictures? lets see, there's a little thingy on the toolbar and yay! there it is. Classic romance novel, blabity blah blah, but good. No throbbing loins or anything particularly racy, sadly, but still, nice to read.

I feel somewhat ridiculous writing a blog that no one will ever read, but why not?

I should get back to my homework assignment though (I'm a highschooler in a high level english class...it happens)
I have to use literary references to explain the statement:
"No matter how far you go, you stay where you are."
well, in Remembering Hearts, by Patricia Clawbury, Annette ran from Gustav and St. Petersburg to France, but she could escape from her constant love of Gustav. Even though she traveled great distances, St. Petersburg and her heart remained with her, keeping her where she was. After much pain and suffering, she returns to Gustav, and the two make mad, passionate love. The reader assumes the book is over, but then- an epilogue! Annette has six kids but is still happy and making eyes at Gustav, showing that her love for him remains after travel and time, just like the statement, which isn't really related...

whatever