Pages

March 29, 2009

Catering

Only I would spend my Saturday night on my feet, passing out spring rolls and heart attacks (breadsticks wrapped in sugar-coated bacon), for absolutely no pay.
         Now, I will acknowledge that it was volunteer work, so I was contributing to the the money raising efforts of a good cause, but I did think it was extremely fun. For some reason, I really enjoy smiling at creepy old guys as they reach for another auderve ("just one more..."). I mostly just enjoyed feeling useful. It's the same as my Saturday class really, where even though I spend just as much time in transportation vehicles as I do in class, I just feel so much more productive than I do after an morning in bed.

Speaking of transportation, I have a question about the English language. I ride in a car or cab. I ride on the bus, train, and aeroplane. If I said I was riding on a car, people would tell me that I shouldn't be on the roof. Why is this?


On a side note about the catering, it really was just like in Sarah Dessen's The Truth About Forever. I honestly don't care how many times I read that book- it always makes catering sound phenomenally fun.

2 comments:

ec said...

Hahaha...this is such a cool blog, and I rediscovered it in the exact same way as last time. When I was writing my EoQR (aint that just a bucket full o' fun?) I went back to this blog to get my posts and realized "hey, maybe if Tessa wasn't too embarrassed to continue blogging after I so rudely discovered her, she may have posted a few more times!" And you did!
Let my attempt to explain the english thing.
One rides on a rhinoceros but in a car. Helpful?
Here's my guess, you ride on things that you cannot control (if you're on a rhino, it's driving you, trust me, I would know...) You ride in things that you can control, like you drive a car but someone else drives a bus (I guess unless you're the bus-driver) OK so this made no sense whatsoever, but hey, I'm not the one taking science classes up at Columbia...it probably has to do with riboplasms and proctologists) BTW: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! good luck on passing the permit test, don't worry I failed the first time... you really have you know the laws...

Tea said...

haha :)
the explanation really helps, but I think that we should plan a rhino riding expedition to test that. Thank you for the happy birthday, and I really need to study for that test :P