December 7, 2009

Why I avoid beautifying rituals

Today, I was really cold, so Mom recommended that I blow dry my hair. I plugged in the dryer and turned it on, but next to no air came out, so I hit a bunch of buttons on the transformer in the wall, unplugged it, replugged it, and turned it on again.

Then it started smoking. My whole room smelled like burnt hair dryer bits and had to be aired out.

1 comments:

Julie said...

Blow drying is one of those inventions without which the world could have chosen to live and not suffered a bit. Your blow dryer appears to be acting more like a toaster.