Pages

April 3, 2009

Another example of the sheer inanity of high school students:

The other day, I was walking down the hallway and talking to my friend Nyx. We left the cafeteria and began walking down the crowded ramp that leads to the library. Right as we reached the bottom, a boy whom I had absolutely no idea who was spread his arms, said "heyy!" and tried to hug me. Polite, decorous person that I am, I lifted his arm, ducked underneath, and said, nice as you please, "no, thank you," before continuing my conversation with Nyx. Strange people trying to hug me, while odd, wasn't enough to distract me.
When we got out of ear shot, Nyx turned to me and said, "Who was that?"
"How should I know?"
"Wait, you seriously don't know who that is? You were so polite, I just assumed you knew him."
Polite as I was, I was still rather flustered. I was late to English and, when sneaking into the room, proceeded to knock over the phone twice, before breaking down about having to run away from the mysterious hugger.

All in a day's work.

0 comments: