Pages

April 4, 2009

So, I'm in a Science Honors Program, and every Saturday, I go into the city for a 2.5 hour class. For the past two classes, we had been working on creating genomic libraries. Unfortunately, everyone in class did something wrong. My partner, Rube, and I succeeded in growing a full 3 colonies, none of which had genomic material added to reduce transcription of Beta-galactosidase. The rest of the class had fared little better, so the teacher decided that we would play jeopardy instead.
She brought about five types of candy and a box of double-stuffed Oreos (yum!). For jeopardy, the class wasn't allowed to use notes. Both me and my lab partner don't take notes, but we also never shut up during class (because we answer all the questions, not because we talk to each other. What kind of horrible student do you think I am?). We won by about 5000 points, with the lowest score being 0, and the one after that 1200. It was amazing, and I am extremely proud of my smartness.

0 comments: