Pages

April 27, 2009

Awkward Turtle

My embarrassing moment of the day:

I'm sitting in Spanish, and we're about to go over the homework, so, as always, I have to go get my textbook (the scoliosis-not-having-to-carry-it thing has advantages). While standing up, I attempted to step over my backpack, but tripped on it and did about five one-legged hop thingies to stay upright. No one laughed, but I sit in the front row- I'm sure somebody noticed. So, I got the book, and, when walking back to my chair, went the long way around my desk, in order to avoid the backpack, while concentrating on not tripping. I had almost reached the desk when Archie looked at me and said, "me presta un boligrapho?" or something to that effect. "Uh-eh-er-wha?" I responded, since I realized that I had no idea what he had just said. He repeated the question, I said, "uh, sure, si...yeah? um, here." I sat at my desk and tried to avoid looking at him the rest of class. It's rather annoying that he blocks the window.

I had a thing for Archie for a couple of months during freshman year. It faded, but I still have a slight tendency to spontaneously turn bright red when talking to him, because I remember how I always turn bright red when talking to him, and I get embarrassed about that, and then I blush again. It's a vicious cycle, really.

1 comments:

ec said...

HAHA! you always have good stories. Here's mine but it really doesn't compare to yours. So when I got home from school today I started my homework. My italian homework was page 79 in the workbook. I open my workbook. I flip to page 70, turn the page and find myself on page 83! I did this for about 10 minutes, hoping, I guess, that page 79 (and all the other missing pages would magically appear. After 10 mins, I realized this wasn't working. SO, my mom and I drive to Staples and ran at least 6 laps around the school looking for a Janitor. We finally found one, but he, being the unhelpful Janitor he was, said something in garbled English and told us to find the 2nd floor janitor. WELL, we finally found him and he unlocked the italian room and I 'borrowed' (yea I will return it!!!!) some random kid's workbook. I hope he's not searching... that's my saga (W/O NAMES!!!!!)