Pages

April 15, 2009

Racism Today

Yesterday, I went to the DMV and got my learners permit. For the picture, there is no flash, so I was totally unprepared and giving an odd sort of half smile when the camera went off. I hadn't brushed my hair before going, so it was pretty much everywhere, and when I got the permit, picture and all, my skin looked fairly dark, with my lips darker than usual and my brown eyelashes and blue eyes looking anything but. My Mom looks at the little plastic card and says, "that's a horrible picture of you." Gee, thanks ma! She then continued with, "you look middle eastern!"
Note to my mother- "Middle-Eastern" is not a synonym for fugly. Just sayin'

1 comments:

ec said...

HAHA! that's really funny, my learners permit pic is really bad too... There's some sort of dark, greenish/black spot on my nose so it looks like there is a booger there or something gross...congrats on passing the test on the 1st try...can't say I did (at least I didn't have to go back for a third time!)

Have you gone driving yet? The first time I did (with my instructor) I drove up the wrong side of the road for a minute before my instructor asked me if I thought we were in England...so...have fun driving! (judging by the fact that you passed the LP test in one try I'm sure you'll be at least a 2X better driver than me... see you back in school...