Pages

September 11, 2009

The Mummy

which I just watched, is a very good movie. Bit scary, though. I'm clearly not cut out for the horror genre. I was rather fond of Evie, though. It's always nice to see one of those action movies where the damsel in distress actually makes an effort.

Now, to go off on a tangent, I've recently noticed that boys grapple with their own insecurities. While we worry over Counties, they have their own fear.

Phil: So, last month I started doing EMT stuff, (I think he said EMT stuff, but it might have been something else, since EMT has absolutely no relevance to the rest of the conversation, although he does have a tendency to bring it up all the freeking time)

Richard: Uh-huh.

Phil: and anyways, the first day I go in, there's this big guy.

Richard: big?

Phil: Yeah, you know, like, big (he spread his arms in a wide gesture indicating weight)

Richard: Okay.

Phil: And he's like, I can lift you. I can lift more than you- two hundred pounds.

Richard: Wow. That's a lot.

Phil: I know, right? And then he's like, oh, how much can you lift, and I'm like twenty (as he said twenty, his voice went all squeaky and high)

Richard: Haha. That's why I hate fitness center.

Phil: Yeah, I can't lift, like, anything. It's so embarrassing.

0 comments: