Pages

May 8, 2009

Dialogo

A Literal Translation of my latest spanish dialogue:
Narrator (N): For many years, the Marquis had the wish to kill the servant who had torn the fan of his wife.
Marquis (M): Today, I am happy that I can finally complete my goal.
N: The servant didn't know that his life was soon going to end.
Servant (S): You're blocking where I need to walk in order to obtain my serving platter.
M: You tore the fan of my wife many years ago.
S: I only tripped. I don't thing that I have culpability.
N: Like a lightning-bolt, the Marquis took the serving platter and began to fight with the servant
*the boy playing the waiter grabbed the platter and began hitting the boy playing the waiter over the head with it. Needless to say, I, the narrator, was laughing*
S: I hope that I win this important fight and that you lose.
M: You are an arrogant man and I recommend that you surrender.
N: The fight continued for some minutes, but at the end, the Marquis didn't vacillate and killed the servant.
M: Finally, I am capable of avenging myself of the servant!
N: Then, the Marquis left from the scene of the murder and went to his house.

Condesita (C) *played by Avon*: Hello, my good looking spouse. How are you? My god! You have blood on your hands! You have tripped?
M: I spoke to a man that I abhor. Now, he is not in the life.
C: I hope that you did not kill a man when you were at the embassy today.
Son (S): Dad, you killed the servant? I have wishes to see the body!
C: I hope nobody finds the body of the dead.
N: All the people of the family had a lot of fear. The Marquis recommended that the family flee the country.
C: We should change our names and flee the country.
S: Let's form a group of the freestyle rap music!
C: What a good idea, son.
N: Then, the family moved to Detroit and participated in many rap competitions.

M: My family, we have won many competitions and tomorrow is the big championship. How would you like to celebrate?
S: I want to go to the zoo in order to see the elephants.
N: While they were at the zoo, an elephant ate the family *(at this point, I was laughing so hard I had to stop and attempt to gather myself before spitting out comiĆ³)

C: We are in the stomach of the elephant and the championship is tomorrow. What are we going to do?
N: The family hoped that they could go to the competition, but they didn't leave from the stomach for ten years, and finally, they went out.
M: How good that now we are not in the stomach of an elephant.
S: Yes, I have much hunger because I have not eaten for ten years. I want sweets.
C: Good, son. Let's go to the store in order to obtain sweets that you can eat.
S: The sweets are very pleasing to me and I abhor the elephants.
M: Yes, never are we going to go to the zoo another time.
C: It is evident that the rap doesn't function for our family. We need to form a team of badminton!

THE END

The other presentations included one in which the Condesita is sitting with her husband (the Marquis) and her daughter, when the man she is having an affair with appears (handily gripping a rose between his teeth to denote his status as a Don Juan). The Condesita decides she likes the other man better, so the Dad kills himself dramatically and the daughter cries unconvincingly.
In another, the narrator came armed with a guitar. Archie wore a blonde wig to play the Condesita, and he and his hubby started a basketball team with ten of their eleven children. the eleventh wants to be a singer, so delivers most of his lines in song while the narrator plays guitar (yo amoooo tiiii, etc.). Unable to cope with his athletic parents' disapproval, the boy steals their money and runs. His parents don't hesitate to buy firearms and follow him, and the boy booby traps the path behind him. His father falls in a booby trap and dies (dramatically, of course), so Archie takes it upon himself to shoot the son, who also dies (dramatically, of course).
In another, Dino (short for dinosaur) plays the Marquis and must choose between John (he has a female twin) and Sonny (also a guy). Sonny spends the entire time devising devious tricks to get Dino to leave John, but in the end, Dino announces that he really just loves John, and hugs him.
It was all very silly.

4 comments:

Nyx said...

HAHAHA...dino...wow I actually wish i was there. that sounds amazing. what kind of guidelines did you have for this, anyway? i can see the rubric now: "correct use of spanish expressions while in a stomach."

and...i have another hilarious Tamir story. this one actually tops them all....(kinda paraphrased tho)

Tamir: look at all this silver i stole from our reaction! *is holding tiny lump of gray stuff*
me: that's fantastic. *steals silver* ew this is crap silver! *gives back*
Tamir: shut up! i'm going to sell it and make a lot of money!
Newton: Tamir, just, no.
Tamir: you know what, Newton? another minute of your sass and this is silver is going up your...
Newton: yeah okay Tamir.
Tamir: you better get some glycerine to help it along *mimes holding tube of glycerin*
Jungle Boy: *turns around with weird look on face* wait, WHAT did you just say?
me: Jungle Boy, maybe you should just not listen to what he says. it doesn't do you any good...
Tamir: mmm, glycerine...*still holding imaginary tube*
Vicuna: Tamir, would you just SHUT up? I turn around and all i hear is "put that glycerine up..."
me: *laughing hysterically*
Tamir: *goes off on tangent about glycerine*
Jungle Boy: Does anybody have tape?
me: *laughing* OH WAIT I DO!! I have masking tape in my bag!!! (this was because i had brought it in to hang up the poster in the ROR)
Jungle Boy/Vicuna/Newton: Wait are you serious?!
me: *pulls out tape, starts trying to find the end, and waits for Tamir to start again about something obnoxiously inappropriate*
Tamir: *starts again about something obnoxiously inappropriate*
me: *rips off a piece of tape and sticks it on Tamir's mouth*
Tamir: *talks through tape*
me: *clamps tape on more firmly*
He then proceeded to talk through the tape until it came off, at which point Vicuna gave me a new piece to put on him. Then i tried putting vertical pieces too to hold it in place, but he busted through those too. (the entire back of the class was laughing hysterically, but everyone in front of us is paying no attention and missing the entire thing). Finally, Vicuna took the tape and stuck strips together to make a kind of tape sheet, which i stuck on the entire lower half of Tamir's face. Then i reinforced it with more tape strips, all the while getting input from Jungle Boy, Vicuna, Newton, and Fries, who had been watching the entire time and was dying of laughter. I attempted to tape his jaw to his head but he wouldn't let me. ("fnoo befthchh fnooo!") At this point we all looked over at Papa Swordfish (our chem teacher), who was trying to glare at us but really only succeeded in laughing hysterically.
I took a picture, but obviously can't post it here, because it would ruin Tamir's secret identity.
Oh, and here's another conversation from today:
me: hey stop stealing my lab tables!
Tamir: oh come on i need your help! i wouldn't be anything without you!
me: yeah sure, i might believe you if you weren't trying to copy my answers. *lets him see lab tables anyway*
Tamir: yes jackie! thank you thank you!
me: btw, we didn't actually do that reaction. stop writing equations for it.
Tamir: DAMMIT woman!
me: you're right, where WOULD you be without me...
Tamir: *looks down ashamedly* By myself in a corner with my tube of glycerine.
Vicuna: SHUT UP about the glycerine!


wow that's a really long post...but you know you had a good laugh.

Tea said...

HAhahahhaa

and THIs is why you should be blogging on your own. Then I wouldn't have to worry about coordinating in the 10 zillion nicknames you just dropped on me.

ec said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I just got home now...what was the assignment for your dialogue. All my ital ones are like, "you are at a zoo, you lose your brother, what do you do?"

What is glycerine??? I'm dumb at science remember hydrogendioxide?

Nyx said...

you find him in the stomach of an elephant!

and all the names are quite logical! if kind of tangentially logical....