Pages

May 11, 2009

Dracula

is officially the most boring book ever.
Today, I had my A.P. music theory exam, which went better than I expected, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see. Afterwards, Avon, Nyx and I (I has good grammar, see!) went to the diner and got lunch. We stayed there for about an hour, bought next to nothing, and then spent ten minutes sitting at the table waiting for them to come take out money because we forgot that you're supposed to go up there to pay. It was rather comical, actually.
Then, I had about an hour at home before I had to go back to school for a gala rehearsal. However, it turned out that there weren't enough people, so the conductor canceled the entire number and I got to leave early. Unfortunately, there was still an hour and fifteen minutes to go before my parents could come to pick me up. So, I wandered the school for a while before settling down in the lobby of the auditorium, where it was nice and quiet. The only activity for about half an hour was Josh repeatedly walking out one door of the auditorium, past me without noticing I was there, then back into a different one.
After I had read about two chapters, activity increased. First, Ryan walked by, apparently giving a tour ("Are there separate wings for each grade?""Um, kind of. Well, no, actually."). Then, Adrian and Jun walked by, talking about some complicated math problem. I assumed engineering team had just gotten out, and thought nothing of it. Then, to my surprise, Mario, Irving, Theo, and a junior whose name I don't know came walking down the hall, discussing another, equally complicated sounding math problem.
I tried to read for a while more, but I could still hear them distantly talking, and really, eavesdropping is far more interesting than Dracula, and I still had 45 minutes to kill, so I picked up my book and strolled nonchalantly down the hallway. As I got closer, I could hear Theo talking to our science research teacher, Dr. Breese ("I have all sixes," he frequently reminds her). I talked to her for a minute before walking around Mario, Irving, and the unknown junior and settling down on a bench to listen in. Unfortunately, their conversation was entirely boring and related to replaying some problem from their A.P. test, and when Mario finally realized I was there and talked to me for about a minute and a half, that conversation was also boring. Really, the only entertaining thing was that after Mario left, an unknown freshman asked the unknown junior something about Mario, and they came to the conclusion that Mario is "like, a genius or something."
Beyond that, my day was uneventful.
I leave you with another essay.
One man can have a great effect on society. However, apparently one woman can't, seeing as I don't reference any females at all in this essay. As a form of protesting my own lack of gender neutral pronouns, I will not post this essay, and will instead leave you with this, a study that I really, really don't want to believe.

2 comments:

Nyx said...

okay, so my conclusions to that article is that when we get out of high school, WE are going to get out of here and start our own tribe of really bizarre people! and we will keep out all the retarded popular people. yay outcasts!
also, you should have gone up to Mario and started talking to him about some really obscure neurobiology topic so that the other nerds would be confused and uncomfortable. but there's always next time!

ec said...

If you think Dracula is boring try reading Siddartha, locofoco style. By read I actually mean have very biased discussions and tons of mispronounced words. For example, I guess locofoco was getting Judaism and Buddhism confused b/c she kept saying "booty-ism" instead of Buddhism and she would not get what she said wrong!

HAHAHA...we should totally establish a tribe of awesome people out in Zimbabwe or something...problem is, I don't even think I'm smart enough to qualify as a "nerd" (that's not a good thing btw, nerds are the coolest people, not saying that you guys are nerds or anything...alright, giving up on this thought, I'll just end up insulting people.) And your so lucky TEA that you got to leave school early and go to the diner...that would be my sole motivation for taking a class like AP Bio (music sounds kinda better though...)