Pages

May 19, 2009

Sweet Dreams

This one is a swashbuckling adventure starring Mario and Tea. It was, to say the least, extremely exciting.

So, my family and I were on vacation at this gorgeous hotel in northern New England. It was a standard Victorian style, fairly old, but in perfect repair. I was walking in the back with my Dad my dog, around a pond and some trees, when poor Rufus (I don't really think puppies need code names) was hit in the head with a football, producing a big purple bruise on his nose. Dad, overprotective parent that he is, started yelling at whomever had thrown it that Rufus had a tumor in his nose, and the football was going to cause serious problems, blah blah blah, which seemed utterly ridiculous to me, but nevertheless Dad picked up Rufus and took him inside.
Then, Mario came running over, apologizing profusely. I, suave woman that I am, took a step towards him and tripped, catching myself on his arm. Taking my clumsiness as distress over my horribly injured dog, he attempted to comfort me. I believe my thought process at the time was that I didn't need the comfort, but if I could cling to his arm for a while longer, I certainly wasn't going to complain.
So, Mario and I walked back into the house and headed towards my room. On the way, we passed my mother and aunt, who were feverishly discussing something in the kitchen. They told us that people had been stealing stuff, so to hide our valuables. I went up the stairs to my room, and Mario took off to some other floor, where his was presumably located. There, I stashed my money under my mattress and tried to think of somewhere to put my guitar. I took it out to the hallway, still searching, and saw Steven, Amelia's friend who had done Castles in the Sand with us on Saturday.
"Steven!" I said. "You need to hide my guitar!"
"Okay, whatever," he replied, his typical response.
Then, I went looking for Mario again, but couldn't find him until I heard some loud noises outside the window.
There was scaffolding running up the side of the house, and on it, Mario was fighting, swords and all, with Smee from Captain Hook.
Then my alarm went off and I woke up.
Interpretations, please?

8 comments:

ec said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I can't believe you even dream of tripping!!!

Haha...I remeber your dog rufus, aka "Doofus"

here's my interp, (very sciencey b/c there are so many science geniuses in the dream)

the bruise represents the indicator methyl purple in a titration with HCl and NaOH...

you represent the base b/c you're all normal and cool while Mario is the acid because IDK...but it seemed like a cool analogy...

Anyway, you clinging to his arm means that you (NaOH) did not dissociate fully, thus your Kb will be really low... (If you didn't get it yet, this is what I'm learning in chem now)

the stealing stuff represents your immense fear that I will steal your mushed up battery project and become famous b/c of it...

I running out of interps...hope this clears it up though...

Tea said...

wow......um........uhhh........*scratches head*....

yeah, I totally understand now.

ec said...

hey!!!!! I assumed you would understand that complicated scientific analysis as your portfolio theme has something to do with nueurobiology or electrons or something...!

Nyx said...

first of all, why aren't I in the dream, feeding steven an ice cream sandwich (which is somewhat similar to feeding a large hungry chicken do to the pecking motion, i might add) while he is supposed to be hiding the guitar?!?!
okay...second: dream interpretation

clause I. things in the past
section a. - you definitely read a book once about people meeting because of a pet. this is similar to the traveling pants book where the guy finds the girls' missing dog.
section b. you have found your dad to be a very responsible person.
section c. you have wanted to touch Mario's arm
section d. you have tripped, or been afraid of tripping, in front of Mario before.
section e. you have hoped to be caught in a tragic or scary situation with Mario so that you can use it to your advantage in getting closer to him.
section f. you were thinking about castles in the sand and how we should have defeated the Little Dragon Lady when you fell asleep.
section g. somebody talked about Disney recently.

clause II. your subconscious and YOU
section a. you are subconsciously aware that you will always trip at the worst possible moment - and you are honest with yourself about this fact.
section b. your subconscious has determined that Mario and Smee would be equally matched in a fight, and therefore have equal value in your life. :P hehe
section c. you consider your most valuable possessions to be money and your guitar, even over Mario who you trust to take care of himself - but you are independent and don't need him to take care of you.

YEAH. keep having dreams, please....

Tea said...

My response to Jackie's interpretation.

IA: I can't remember that book, so anything about this meeting due to animals must actually be buried in my subconscious.
b-yes, most of the time.
c- no comment....*cough*maybe*cough*
d-very true
e-even if that were true, and I'm giving absolutely zero indication that it is, I am sure as heck not going to admit to it here.
f- wtf is the little dragon lady?
g- yes, they did. THE NEW MOVIE! THE FROG PRINCESS! ZOMG!

II
a- I'd say that's more conscious than subconscious.
b- ha. ha. HAAHHAHAA. giggle.
c- hmm....yeah, I guess.

awesome interpretation, really.

Nyx said...

but we all know it's true, even if you won't admit it...hahaha

little dragon lady: see picture you posted on sunday.

well yes, it is also conscious, that's why i mentioned that you have accepted this as fact.

on the whole though, i think your dreams are considerably more exciting than you giving your grandfather a back massage. i do not understand that dream at all, please interpret? you also did the dishes of your own free will in this dream....

btw this is the eighth time i have attmepted to post this message

Tea said...

wait- i did the dishes in your dream? this seems highly unlikely.

Nyx said...

hahaha yeah, voluntarily! it was a weird dream....