Pages

July 13, 2009

Nails, Screws, and the Verbification Thereof

Genie and I went to the high school and painted sets for Grease. Normally, we set up shop in the blackbox, but, today, we were out on the big stage, painting a bed white (tomorrow, we'll add the pink heart design, or PHD, not to be confused with the webcomic of the same name).
We sat on the bed and started filling in the etched heart with primer. "Haha!" I said. "I got the heart."
"Hmph," she responded, filling in the other side.
"Hey," I said, painting faster.
Then, at the exact same time, with no prior communication, we said "heart race!"
We dissolved into laughter.
"I love that we have the same sense of humor," I said.
"Transylvanian ostriches and all," she responded.
On the floor, Genie found a screw. "Look, Tea," she said. "A nail!"
"No, that's a screw."
"Same thing."
"No, a screw is twisty, and a nail is not."
"What?"
"Screws go in with screw drivers, nails with hammers."
"Oh. I always thought that screws were little and nails were big."
"They aren't."
"So I gathered."
A few minutes later, as we passed by a techie making yet another inappropriate joke (they do that a lot), I poked Genie. "I definitely should have made some joke about screwing and nailing."
She laughed. "Probably. Too late now, though."
Regardless, she definitely should have made some comment like "I always thought screwing and nailing were the same thing..."
Alas, another opportunity for inappropriate humor, wasted.

In other news, I finished The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian, which was both enjoyable and interesting. Then I read two more of those ridiculous Eliosa James romances. The movie I watched tonight, Like Water for Chocolate, was actually even more ridiculous. At one point, a character became so impassioned from eating quail prepared while the protagonista lusted after her sister's husband, that she ran out to the outhouse to get herself off, but her skin became so hot that she lit in on fire and was rescued by a band of revolutionaries (they rode off into the sunset, making out on a horse, while she was totally starkers). It. Was. Weird. But kind of awesome, as well.

Also, I may possibly be seeing Sturken on Friday. We'll see if I can make it out without getting all spastically into him again. Heck, I'll be happy if I escape with my slight Mario obsession and burgeoning Ryan interest intact.

5 comments:

Nyx said...

OH I SO CALLED THE BRI (burgeoning ryan interest!)

side note: if you use his real name, that makes BMI. BODY MASS INDEX!!! rofld.

Gretchen said...

well...i still have no idea who these people are

and tea, stop corrupting your sisters with inappropriate jokes

Julie said...

genie's a big girl now, she can survive a little crude humor. right?

Tea said...

Jackie, you did not 'CALL' it I TOLD you. There was no guesswork involved on you part, so :P

and I agree with Julie. Genie is big enough that I can't really corrupt her. Shelby's the one I won't use that sort of humor on.

Nyx said...

shelby would probably use it on you!

yeah okay fine. well i kind of thought about it when you mentioned him laughing at your comment that deserved to be laughed at.....